NEW PHILADELPHIA, Ohio – More than 280 acres of land is scheduled to be sold when the Oak Shadows Golf Club is auctioned Dec. 5. The property features hills, lakes, ponds and woods.
Nov. 29 was the last day of golf operations for Oak Shadows.
The sale will be held both online and on site. The real estate sells at 11 a.m. An open house and preview will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday.
All the course’s equipment also will be sold.
The sale brochure prepared by Kiko Auctions touts the golf course, built in 1995 and designed by John F. Robinson & Associates, as an “exciting real estate opportunity” for land seekers, golf course owners, home builders and investors.
The property was most recently proposed as the site of a $100 million educational complex for New Philadelphia City Schools. But voters rejected a bond issue for the project in the primary election, with 67 percent voting no.
The real estate will be offered in eight parcels and in its entirety. It will be sold in the way that brings the most money.
The parcels and their approximate sizes are:
* Parcel one: 26.3 acres with a 48-foot by 96-foot pole barn, parking lot and clubhouse. It has some wooded areas, a lake and 208 feet of road frontage.
* Parcel two: 34.1 acres of open land with a lake. The rolling land has 197 feet of frontage.
* Parcel three: 29 acres of vacant land with a pond in front, a lake in the back and 112 feet of frontage.
* Parcel four: 18.3 acres with a large lake in front, two pole barns, 889 feet of frontage and driveway access from two locations.
* Parcel five: 32 acres with large pines and a wooded areas. The valley setting is served by a driveway nearly all the way back. It has about 753 feet of frontage.
* Parcel six: 128.5 acres of open and wooded land with five lakes and ponds. The size of the woods is estimated at 50 acres. It has 1,190 feet of frontage on Oak Shadows and 858 feet on Seven Mile Drive.
* Parcel seven: 10.04 acres of vacant land has a stream along the east property line and 705 feet of frontage on Hillandale Road.
* Parcel eight: 2.06 acres of vacant land with 450 feet of frontage on Hillandale.
The land has water and sewer along Oak Shadows Drive.
Selling immediately after the real estate will be golf course equipment, including 72 Club Car gas golf carts and a gas beverage cart. Maintenance equipment includes a skid loader, diesel tractors, a Bobcat backhoe attachment, an aerator, a fairway blower, batwing rotary mower, brush hog, fairway mowers, reel mowers, John Deer Gators, a bunker rake, a flail mower, weed trimmers, a top dresser, tools and a toolbox.
Terms on the real estate are 10 percent down auction day, with the balance due at closing. A 10-percent buyer’s premium will be added to the highest bid to establish the purchase price.
The auction was ordered by G.A.C. Corporation, which owns the property.
Information about the Oak Shadows auction is available online at https://www.kikoauctions.com/upcoming/details/11243.